Case Study #35
The Princeton Club of New York15 West 43rd Street.
New York, New York
|($314,065 through 9/1999)|
|Cost of Installation:||$250,000|
|Simple Payback:||3.9 years|
Energy Conservation Work Performed:
- Designed a proprietary system to preheat cold city water for domestic hot water use utilizing hot Con Edison water stream condensate
- Replaced inefficient steam fired semi-instantaneous domestic hot water heaters with new super-efficient versions.
- Supplied and installed three (3) Protemp computerized domestic hot water controllers (1 - guest rooms; 1 - kitchen/laundry and 1 - common area bathrooms and athletic department).
- Supplied and installed three (3) Protemp computerized hydronic space heating controllers (1- perimeter guest room space heat; 1- perimeter common area space and 1 - for limited reheat).
- Regularly communicating remotely via modems with each Protemp to assure maximum energy efficiency.
- Providing ongoing technical support
- Regularly reviewing steam usage.